This is excellent news. I'm quite ready for some of these services to move my way and try to pull off similar activities. I'd love to ruin their day just a bit more.

On 2022-11-18 11:56, Anne Mitchell via mailop wrote:
It's about time, and to the extent that you were involved (if at all), Brandon, *thank you*!

"Users of mass email services such as Gmass, Woodpecker, Lemlist and others that have been using Gmail’s API to send bulk email that tricked recipients into thinking that they were receiving personal one-to-one emails have been put on notice today by Google: “Applications that use multiple accounts to abuse Google policies, bypass Gmail account limitation, circumvent filters and spam, or otherwise subvert restrictions are prohibited from accessing Gmail API scopes.”"

https://www.isipp.com/blog/google-gives-gmail-mass-email-services-the-boot/

Anne

---
We provide the Good Senders email sender reputation certification list to inbox providers
around the world. Learn more at gettotheinbox.com

Anne P. Mitchell,  Esq.
CEO Get to the Inbox by SuretyMail
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email marketing law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, eMail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)