On Jan 5, 2023, at 14:54, Serizy via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

but what worries me is that, the PTR resolves to the fake hostname, but the
host name doesn’t resolve to the ip, logically…and the messages go to the user
mailbox in Outlook.com

This should not be an issue if the MTA performs both forward (A/AAAA/CNAME) and
reverse (PTR) DNS validation.

Is there any way to report this?

Others may correct me, but I believe the channels for reporting abusive PTR
records lie with the body who owns those IPs. A WHOIS on the offending IPs
should provide an abuse contact.

Shouldn’t be even legal I think.

Legal or not, that may not prevent people from doing so, as evidenced here, nor
may incentivize people to rectify these abuses.
--
Alex