On 2/9/23 2:21 AM, Gellner, Oliver via mailop wrote:
In my experience the spam report button is not only used as a sort of fast unsubscribe, but also as a replacement for the delete button.

Knowing how unreliable training the end user is, I wonder if it's worth altering the equation wherein we (as the email industry) train email client programs to conditionally react differently when the make-this-message-go-away button is pressed. Wherein if the message is obviously ham, delete the message or if the message is obviously spam, report the message, or optionally ask what to do if it's not obvious and default to delete the message.

Alter the equation, sort of like making people remove their ATM / debit card before they get cash reduced the number of cards left in machines.

A "Smart Delete" button if you will, similar to the "Smart Reply" button that fairly gracefully handles multiple different types of replies.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die