Hey, what happened at Gmail?

Lowest spam volumes from them in years, did all the attention to the malware links on the search engine, make them decide to click the switch from 'allow outbound spam' to 'block outbound spam'?

Just kidding, but whatever they did, a big difference. Feel free to weigh in on your results. But did see obvious fake Intuit phone phishing, fairly new template. support\@intuitservices.com, yeah right.

Especially good timing, as this meeting there will be a lot of swinging bats at ESP's that keep allowing the hackers to send such obvious malware and phishing out their infrastructures... #itsnotthathard.

If we can catch it inbound, you can catch it outbound even easier.

* SendGrid... Good grief.. And I don't think they even care about the reputation..

* Mailgun/Mailjet

Yes, we are talking to you..

And the same big cloud providers continue to enable the threat actors, OVH, IPXO, UPCloud, etc..

Also, Marai and other bots continue to increase in size. Which has resulted in a larger than normal observance of compromised email accounts from around the world. A lot of mail servers still have little protection/detection systems, and a shame as a lot of it is government and enterprise, which carry extreme risk when they are compromised.

And somethings up at NameCheap.. Maybe a lot of their customers got phished ;)

Anyways, if you are down at M3AAWG, ping me.. glad to talk about what we are doing in the email space.

        -- Michael --

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."