> On 5 Mar 2023, at 21:53, Mark Fletcher via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 1:15 PM John R Levine <jo...@taugh.com
> <mailto:jo...@taugh.com>> wrote:
>>
>> If you need a big VM there's always AWS.  They do a surprisingly good job
>> of managing outbound mail.  You get 62K messages/mo for free, then 10c per
>> 1000 messages sent from a VM.
>
> For the amount of email we send, that cost structure wouldn't work for us.
> And I thought AWS SES didn't have a good reputation, although I admit it's
> been awhile since I looked.

I have had a number of clients over the last 3 or 4 years using SES without any
delivery problems that we could attribute to the IP addresses. Once we ran
through fixing the things under their control, delivery was great.

In the B2C space domain reputation is more important than IP reputation anyway.

You may also want to look at SSDNodes for VPSes.

laura

--
The Delivery Experts

Laura Atkins