Still far too many email platforms not following RFC's on this, thinking it will improve performance, they just exit at 250ok..

First thing, make sure you have pipelining turned off.. not that it is your problem, but it will help you out..

Of course, by your description this sounds like a case of both parties being at fault.. You should not be getting duplicates.. something else seems to be an issue..

And confirmed in our logs that bell IS issuing the QUIT, and even waiting for the response..

It could be that you are taking too long, or have a post data filtering system taking too long, or your session is ending..

Without looking at more detailed logs.. really hard to help you.

On 2023-03-07 09:26, David Sovereen via mailop wrote:
Hello,

I’m trying to reach someone at bell.ca <http://bell.ca> who can help us with two inter-related issues.

1.  Their SMTP servers send mail without a QUIT.  If we require a QUIT, our users cannot receive any bell.ca <http://bell.ca> mail.

2.  If we accept without a QUIT, our users occasionally get duplicate messages and sometimes LOTS of duplicate messages.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

If someone from bell.ca <http://bell.ca> is out there, I’d appreciate an email off-line.

Thanks,

Dave

*David Sovereen*
**
Mercury Network Corporation
2719 Ashman Street, Midland, MI 48640
989.837.3790 x151 office | 888.866.4638 toll free | 989.837.3780 fax
Telephone*  | *Internet*  | *Hosting
david.sover...@mercury.net <mailto:david.sover...@mercury.net>
www.mercury.net <http://www.mercury.net>

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."