Am 30.03.23 um 18:11 schrieb Francois Petillon via mailop:
On 3/30/23 16:37, Benoit Panizzon via mailop wrote:
Unfortunately, this massively affects other Office365 customers. But
they complaint because we (operating the SWINOG blacklist) block them,
they don't complaint to Microsoft for being the source of the issue and
find it hard to address such issues with Microsoft.

What would be the best way to address such issues for Office365
customers?

In other words, there are 15 spamming domains that generated 90% of the mail traffic on this IP a,d Microsoft does nothing while they have had the information for months.
----

But I would also love to hear from anyone that had to deal with the subject.

François

I try to tackle this by analyzing domains present in mail headers and rejecting mails accordingly. As you've experienced, talking the Office365 customers into leaving their crappy host isn't working, so I will have to accept that a significant part of the traffic from O365 sources is legit, and blocking their IPs is not an option.

Of course I would love to see the big providers keep the spam at bay on their egress, but I realize that this wish won't be granted unless there is massive financial incentive to do so. These are profit-oriented corporations after all, ethical behavior doesn't generate income in their market.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin