On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 4:52 PM Simon Arlott <si...@arlott.org> wrote:

> If it's already in another JMRP feed you can't add it to a new one. Does
> someone else have access to the network that contains the IP? They may
> have created a JMRP feed and you're probably not able to see it.
>
> --
> Simon Arlott

Has that always been the case or is that something new?  Like within the
past 2 or 3 years new?

I don't actually own the IP address.  I just administrate (have root access
to) the server that we rent from a provider.   I don't own the IP address
for any of the servers I am an administrator to - but I am signed up on the
JMRP for most (all?) of them.  Although, truth be told, I get a
surprisingly low amount of messages/complaints from the JMRP FBL.

I can definitely understand what you are saying.  There probably does need
to be measures in place to govern who actually has access to the specific
JMRP FBL for the IP address.  But it's been my experience that the IP
address owners often lack the sense of urgency that I as the direct server
administrator have for these complaints.  I do actually review the
messages/complaints from all of the FBLs we are subscribed to daily and I
take action when a user on our server is being abusive based on these FBLS
complaints.

Can the owner of the IP address - if they are signed up to the JMRP FBL -
delegate access for the JMRP complaints of the specific IP address back to
us?  Whether or not if they'd be willing to do that is another question.
But procedurally are they able to do that from within their JMRP management
portal?