Thank you. I appreciate your generosity in saying that. I can sincerely say that Proofpoint has the best culture of any place I’ve worked. Everyone is friendly and helps each other. I’ve not seen any petty politics. It could be I’m naive but these really are awesome co workers.  It’s funny I’ve worked there a year and somehow I find myself a de facto spokesperson at this moment. I think this is my 15 minutes and the clock is ticking. 😒

On Apr 8, 2023, at 9:21 AM, Mark E. Jeftovic <mar...@easydns.com> wrote:

You shouldn't beat yourself up over it. Everybody here knows this sort of thing happens, the networks we run are increasingly complex now.

I remember trying to communicate to vmware that their SPF record was over 10 DNS lookups over a span of two years. It's all in the response and incident handling.

(Not to mention the time we let one of our own domains expire, and it was holding up an entire wordpress hosting platform. Now that was embarrassing. The cobblers' children have no shoes).

- mark

On 2023-04-08 12:08 PM, Neil Anuskiewicz via mailop wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks. I noticed this subdomain has different name servers than the org domain so I think it was delegated to a person or a team who, I think, woukd have the responsibility to keep the cert updated but I’m not 100% sure.

Yes, as you’d expect I’m feeling embarrassed and disappointed right now. I’ll ask about tools (such as you suggested) and if there are policies of responsibility when a subdomain’s delegated. As you can imagine I’m feeling disappointed and a bit embarrassed right now.

Again, thanks so much for catching this problem and saying something.

 Neil