As a postscript to this, I was formerly employed by SparkPost and so still
have some contacts with people associated with Port25.

When this thread kicked off yesterday, I noticed that the DNS for
verifier.port25.com was a bit wonky; specifically, the MX record for that
name resolved to "verifier."

I reached out to my contacts, and they corrected the DNS.

I don't know if that fixed the issue that led to the creation of this
thread, but verifier.port25.com might not be down after all.

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 6:31 PM Andreas Schamanek via mailop <
mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 May 2023, at 16:10, Jim Popovitch via mailop wrote:
>
> > Lots of good responses for alternatives to verifier.port25.com, but
> > do any of them support aliased feedback address whereby you could
> > send an email to check-auth-lhs=domain....@verifier.port25.com and
> > the response would be returned to the aliased address not the sender?
>
> I feel like it took me much longer than it should to realize why I
> would want such a feature. Now that I got it, thank you very much,
> this is really helpful!
>
> --
> -- Andreas
>
>       :-)

*Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards and Ecosystem
*e:* todd.h...@valimail.com
*m:* 703.220.4153

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.