It appears that Grant Taylor via mailop <gtay...@tnetconsulting.net> said:
>On 6/28/23 11:07 AM, Chris Truitt via mailop wrote:
>> The Mimecast spam checking appears to be clicking every link. This has
>> inadvertently caused an uptick in Unsubscribes.
>
>Aside:  Isn't this why the unsubscribe links are encouraged to use /
>require a POST so that simple GETs don't accidentally trigger the
>unsubscribe?

Yes indeed. Lots of mail systems fetch all the URLs as part of spam
filtering, so if you misinterpret them you have worse problems than
Mimecast.

See RFC 8058 on doing one-click unsubs in a way unlikely to be mistriggered.

You can require an extra click but that is more annoying to the users
than POST, and we are doing you a favor by unsubbscribing (the junk
button is always one click) so it is in your interest to make it as
easy as possible.

R's,
John