When a Verizon mobile user sends a text to an email recipient, I understand it
goes through some mail gateway system that converts the message to a standard
email and I think uses the @vtext.com as the sending domain with some
composition of obfuscated user data before the domain. We are receiving many
reports of people getting "connection refused" errors when a Verizon user is
sending with this method; see below for error message.

Is there anyone on the Verizon mail admin team we discuss/troubleshoot with
please?

Our receiving SMTP server is definitely not refusing connections so either tcp
traffic is getting blocked before arriving to us or the wording of the error
message is not accurate. But without knowing what all the sending IP addresses
are for sure, it is difficult to even troubleshoot. We are attempting to run a
packet capture on the IP addresses listed in the SPF record for vtext.com but
that uses assumptions which may be incorrect.

One example error from a Verizon user attempting to send:

This is the mail system at host twbgohaavzwvmta-c-rh-cmta-01-sms-01.vtext.com.

The mail system

<xxxxxxxxxx...@usinternet.com>: connect to
smtp1-mke.securence.com[216.17.3.48]:25:
Connection refused

Thank you for any assistance!

--

Justin Krejci