On 12.02.24 11:59, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:
Dnia 11.02.2024 o godz. 00:10:54 Thomas Walter via mailop pisze:
Remember when we had an SMTP status code 551?

551  User not local; please try <forward-path>

Would be an ideal solution if sending SMTP servers would actually react to
it like web browsers react to HTTP 301 or 302 status code, ie. automatically
resend mail to specified <forward-path>.

I do think that was the idea. If they don't, at least the user would be informed, but no user reads those error messages...

There are other issues with this though. For example you are exposing information you might not want to.

But then, so would bounces in case of currently used forwarding methods (plus backscatter...)

Regards,
Thomas Walter

--
Thomas Walter