> BIMI is a marketing protocol, for promoting brand logos.  What anti-abuse
> benefit do you believe accrues with its use, and how exactly do you believe
> it will achieve that?
>
> d/

But Dave - It only costs $1300USD per domain and $500USD for each
additional domain for the cert, not including all the other costs for
the aforementioned anti-abuse benefits. What a deal!.. or do I mean
steal.

I do believe attaching anti-spam/anti-phish benefits to the promotion
of BIMI was a poor choice.
It's pure marketing imho.
As an email receiver, programmatically I can't verify the mark, so
this is left to the human reader to attempt to do so.

I don't have any issues with it being used as an extension of branding.

-Damon