Well,

I think I wrote here too early: from further investigation seems like the
issue has gone and now those emails are not refused anymore.

According to the logs the issue lasted around 5 hours from 28/02/2024 07:00
CET to 28/02/2024 11:40 CET.

I had no answer from their postmaster, so I don't know if they simply found
the new rule was too aggressive or if it was a test and they will enable
the rule in future.

Stefano