Jay Hennigan via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> On 3/14/24 10:17, Graeme Fowler via mailop wrote:
>> On 14 Mar 2024, at 16:53, Michael Grimm via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

>>> I am getting listed almost on a daily basis on two IPv6 addresses of mine
>>> which happen to be part of OVH's address space (yes, I know).
>> …you do. So to:
>>> Is there a way to make that de-listing more persistent?
>> Yes. The following text is fairly instructive:
>> In the last month we have observed 76 listings.
>> 2001:41d0:701:1000::/64 has been detected 76 times in the last month. It has
>> been removed 7 times.
>> In the last month we have observed 63 listings.
>> 2001:41d0:20a:800::/64 has been detected 63 times in the last month. It has
>> been removed 4 times.
>> As you can see, it’s the entire /64 getting listed in both cases. They’re
>> unsavoury neighbourhoods by the look of things.
>
> And, with IPv6, the "entire /64" should be a single subnet. Either OVH is
> sharing a /64 amongmultiple customers or OP has another machine that is
> spamming from within the same subnet.
>
> Sharing a /64 among multiple customers doesn't make sense. It's not like OVH
> is in danger of running out of IPv6 space any time soon.

OVH is sharing a /64 subnet among multiple customers since they started their
public cloud project. You are only provided with a single IPv6 address for your
instance. In the years before that, I had had access to an exclusive /64 subnet.

But that isn't the point of my initial post: Spamhaus is blocking the /64
subnet my address is part of. Fair enough.

*But* on the other hand they are offering an web-based de-listing service
without human interference. Good. After successful delisting, that particular
IPv6 address becomes immediately de-listed. Fine.

That tells me, that they must have a setup where individual IPv6 of a blocked
/64 subnet become whitelisted. *That* worked in the past for a very long time.
Only recently the whitelisting is of a very short time frame.

76 or 63 reportings in a /64 subnet aren't necessarily a hint for excessive
spamming as mentioned in this thread.

Regards,
Michael