On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 4:30 PM Gerald Oskoboiny via mailop <
mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> We are planning to move the system that hosts our email
> discussion lists from its old home where it has been for decades
> to an EC2 instance on AWS. It does about 15k deliveries per day,
> most of which go to gmail or google-hosted email systems.
>
> Is it still necessary to warm up new IP addresses gradually
> instead of going directly to this volume of deliveries?

Yes, it's still necessary to warm up IP addresses, at least in my current
experience. Our biggest problem has been with Microsoft, and their rate
limiting of new IP addresses. There are others that also rate limit new IP
addresses, but at least with them, you can generally find someone here on
mailop that can help.

We've never had a problem with Gmail/Google.

Cheers,
Mark