Hi List

I came across emails rejected by mailhash.josephlist.net

reason: 550 5.7.1 block listed email address s...@example.com by
mailhash.josephlist.net (c559b92e0e284312b26c88d4bb707d14)

What I found out is that the email content is searched for email
addresses and if some hash of that email address matches, the email is
rejected. It's the full email address. Only the domain part does not
trigger the issue.

The hash at the end of the error message looks like an MD5 hash. But
that hash does not match (tested lower and upper case) the email
address listed.

Also, if I send two email containing the email address triggering the
block, I get two different hashes. So maybe the hash is not derived
from the email address?

Does anyone know how mailhash.josephlist.net operates and the reason
why they list hashes of email addresses found in email bodies?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden