On 22.04.24 10:39, Matus UHLAR - fantomas via mailop wrote:
> On 22.04.24 10:00, Marco Moock via mailop wrote:
>> Google makes forwarding really hard. They want you to set up ARC.
>> https://support.google.com/a/answer/13198639?sjid=6036584522181943107-EU
>> I know this is nasty, but this are Google's rules.
>>
>> Forwarded mails will always have an SPF failure, DKIM will be valid.
>
> The (ugly but working) possibility is to rewrite From: address to one
> @uni-potsdam.de and dkim-sign that one.
>
> It's the same mechanism this mailing list uses to deliver mail.

Implementing ARC is the best long term solution, but I understand it's hard.

@Matus, rewriting From and DKIM is only necessary if you change anything
to the mail that would make the original DKIM fail (changing subject or
adding a disclaimer in the body). If you don't, then leaving DKIM and
header From intact is probably better.

What I would rather recommend to change is the envelope MAIL FROM. If
you switch it to a @uni-potsdam.de including some SRS magic, that should
cover most issues. But then again, ARC is better longer term.

Cheers,
Laurent