It's beginning to sound localized to us, so thanks for all the replies.

(I'm checking if our ops team have submitted a ticket via the URL Faisal mentioned, if not we will)

We have three separate paths these messages could take:

1) standard email forwarding + SRS enabled - this is affected and I need to check on DKIM here

2) catch-all email forwarding - separate path, affected and catch-all being what it is, understandable - which is why we have it separated out

3) hosted email here, with additional forwards - the outbound for hosted has DKIM, the additional forwards have SPF and SRS and are unaffected

(We are in the process of planning out our ARC deployment - my guys are telling me there are some issues, so open to recommendations on implementing it on debian running postfix)

- mark

On 2024-05-21 3:45 PM, John Levine wrote:
It appears that Mark E. Jeftovic via mailop<mar...@easydns.com>  said:
The only difference between messages that get through vs ones that are
rejected (same message) is whether we send to the Yahoo email box
directly, or else via an email forward (which has SRS enabled, and
optionally SPF and even minimal DMARC)
Yahoo pays very little attention to SPF.  They're more interested in DKIM
signatures and the reputation of the sending IPs.

Tell us about the forwarder you're using.  Are you sure it doesn't break
the DKIM signature?  What else does it forward?

R's,
John

--
Mark E. Jeftovic <mar...@easydns.com>
Co-founder & CEO easyDNS Technologies Inc.

/"Never expect a thing you do not want,
and never desire a thing you do not expect."
-- Bob Proctor /