Hi Viktor,

> Anyone else on Aussie Broadband static IP space having trouble
> receiving email from (some) Proofpoint outbound servers?

> I am also unable to ping the sending machine from "mx1.imrryr.org",
> while it is pingable from Munich and LA:

Ripe ATLAS probes on Aussie Broadband are also unable to ping the host you
mentioned, while other AU ISPs are just fine.

https://atlas.ripe.net/measurementdetail/72982362/results

Proofpoint is behind Imperva/Incapsula it's hard to know if it's an IP routing
issue in the forward or reverse direction, or some DDOS protection / WAF on
Imperva causing it.

I guess on your server you could run tcpdump for a day and see if any inbound
packets are received from that /24, if you see any TCP, that could be
indicative that at least the path from Proofpoint to your IP is ok.

I'd also raise it with Aussie Broadband and see if they are able to contact the
Imperva or Proofpoint NOCs to confirm what they see from their view point. I
wasn't able to find a public looking glass in either of those networks to check.

Cheers,

Joseph