> On Jul 9, 2024, at 2:11 PM, Bill Cole via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
> On 2024-07-09 at 13:53:47 UTC-0400 (Tue, 9 Jul 2024 11:53:47 -0600)
> Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. via mailop <amitch...@isipp.com>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> Receivers don't block email from new IPs by default; they block them when
>> they notice something amiss with the email (be it improper authentication,
>> spam complaints, or something else).
>
> That's not 100% true. Most receivers don't, some clearly do.

Yes, I should have said "Generally receivers don't block email from new IPs by
default" and for sake of clarity should have also added "for the sole reason
that they are new IPs".

Mea culpa.

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
Email Law & Policy Attorney
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email marketing law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, eMail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)