On 2024-07-13 05:19, Mark E. Jeftovic via mailop wrote:
I'm just wondering what the techniques are for monitoring this.

This is how fastmail does:

VadeSecure uses "fingerprints" to identify messages it thinks are spam. A "fingerprint" is any unique string in a message. They commonly include URLs, email addresses, telephone numbers and host names/IP addresses of sending machines. They can also include sufficiently unique text strings within a message. For this reason, VadeSecure may identify messages that include spam. So, for instance, if you are writing back to a friend and telling them that their account has been compromised, and you included the full text of the spam you received, your response still includes the "fingerprint," and may be flagged. We recommend contacting your friend without the full content of the message.

--
Jeff Pang
jeffp...@aol.com