Thanks Mark!

Scott

On Wednesday, 11/09/2024 at 17:47 Mark Alley via mailop wrote:

>From the doc language below on your particular error, unfortunately
yes, this is almost certainly related to a customer-specific
configuration.

"XGEMAIL_0008    Message rejected because a domain, an IP address,
or an email address is in the admin block list."

Worst case scenario, you reach out to them through an alternative
email and try to get the correspondent to raise an internal ticket to
get it fixed through their IT team, or alternatively try
postmas...@courts.az.gov - I checked and it seems like a valid
recipient (at least, it didn't bounce).

- Mark Alley

On 9/11/2024 4:36 PM, Scott Q. wrote:

 Even if the MX is handled by Sophos directly ?

courts.az.gov   mail exchanger = 20
mx-02-us-west-2.prod.hydra.sophos.com.
courts.az.gov   mail exchanger = 10
mx-01-us-west-2.prod.hydra.sophos.com.

Also this being a GOV entity, it's almost impossible to get a hold of
them...

Scott
On Wednesday, 11/09/2024 at 17:32 Mark Alley wrote:

On 9/11/2024 3:41 PM, Scott Q. via mailop wrote:

 Hello,

is there anyone that works for Sophos that can contact me off-list ?
We are getting a weird bounce message for one of our customers even
though the recipient can be e-mailed just fine from other e-mail
addresses, so this leads me to believe there is some sort of block in
place.

44.232.189.154 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 XGEMAIL_0008 Command rejected
Giving up on 44.232.189.154.

Thank you,
Scott

https://docs.sophos.com/central/customer/help/en-us/ManageYourProducts/EmailSecurity/SMTPErrorCodes/index.html

The email address of the sender or domain is highly likely in that
Sophos customer's blocklist. You'd need the Sophos customer's email
administrator to look at it.

-Mark Alley