Hi,

Please share the matching profiles at* mo...@rgtalent.com
<mo...@rgtalent.com>*

Currently, I am recruiting candidates for one of my requirement as
mentioned below. If you have a matching profile, please send me the updated
resume along with contact details at the earliest.

*Job Title*

Sr. Database Developer

*Project Location*

Southborough MA

*Duration*

12 months /Contract

* Skills Required and Job Description:*

*MOI::Telephonic followed by Skype*

* From the hiring manager: We must have a resource who has experience in
PostgreSQL and migrating dB from Oracle to PostgreSQL. They must have
advance knowledge with PostgreSQL*.

We are looking for a Sr. Database Developer with strong Database migration
(from 11i to PostgreSQL) experience on online solutions including
continuous integrations and establishing DB Links between two different
databases. As a Sr. Database Developer you will drive the continued
migration activities of our web-based application to bring new ideas and
technologies to the table.
As part of these migration activities, you will work with other team
members based in Southborough, MA to ensure migration activities will be
done as per the schedule with a high standard. You will have the
opportunity to drive regular knowledge sharing sessions with peers. Strong
analytical and troubleshooting skills are important, along with a keen
focus on delivering value to our customers
Effective communication, collaboration and self-organization are key
competencies required from all development team members along with the
ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.

*PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Work with DBA’s on migration activities including database design where
ever is needed and implementation enhancements
• Primary on migrating schemas including SP’s, DB Links etc. from one
database (11i) to another database (PostgreSQL)
• Able to convert Oracle Packages/Stored Procedures to Postgres Functions
• Optimize queries, stored procedures and database design where ever is
needed.
• Develop and implement best practices during migration process
• Assist in Defining and implementing maintenance plan for PostgreSQL
database system
• Identify and communicate impediments to your team and actively work to
remove them.
• Continually strive for technical excellence.
*An Ideal Candidate must have*
• Experience in PostgreSQL 9.4, ORACLE 11g
• Experience in SQL, PL/SQL scripts skill including SPs, PSQL scripting,
Postgres Functions
• Experience in performance tuning skills
• Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve current
database systems issues during the migration process
• Ability to take ownership for initiatives and Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work comfortably with both technical and business teams
*Bonus Skills:*
• Experience of Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins)
• Understanding ORM development such as IBatis, Hibernate etc.
• Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PaaS) technologies
5+ years relevant experience in industry

Thanks & Regards,

*Mohit*

*Technical Recruiter*

*RG Talent Inc*