On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 11:47:06PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> > please test/fix the xterm issues on.. x86, i think it was?
>
> After reading the bug report I get the impression that the
> Solaris implementation of xterm is missing the necessary
> control character support. Modifying the xterm spec would
> be bad, as http://opencsw.org/packages/xterm supports the
> sequence.

I think that's inappropriate. it does not work on x86 as well as it does on
sparc.
unless you can say "x86 xterm needs to install this patch to work right",
i think you should either remove the "broken" feature code from the x86
side, or possibly standardize both sparc and x86 to have lesser
capabilities that basically always work.