Hello,

I received an email on my posting, I thought it would automatically be in the
thread, but it isn't.
So here is the contents of this email (I left the name out, maybe the writer
wants to be anonymous)

#####

Get help on the start command by using the command: start /?

Mind you, it's rather a contortion of make to start things and not finish them.
(I'd be curious what you're up to).

That said...

This might work ...
my_rule:
    start "" program1.exe arg1 arg2
    start "" program2.exe arg1 arg2

If the above doesn't work you might try either this...
my_rule:
    start "" cmd /c program1.exe arg1 arg2
    start "" cmd /c program2.exe arg1 arg2

or this...