Hi,

Our build system is using GNU make from a cygwin package running on Windows XP
32-bit clients. Now we are into migrating to Windows 7 mainly 64-bit version.
So have tried different GNU make versions on Windows 7 computer:

·         Cygwin different package setups, both make version 3.79 and 3.82.
Think it was 3.82 might be 3.71, but struggled.

·         MinGW/msys, make version 3.81, worked best, most of the times the
make executed OK. 2 / 83 times our system didn't build making make crash in the
middle of execution on a pretty big library.

·         GnuWin32, make version 3.81, struggling getting make executing using
"$(shell" commands in Makefiles.

I assume someone has a successful setup, similar to ours, anywhere in the
world, we can't be alone. :-)
That's the reason for putting this email to the list. Hope someone can suggest,
point to a good working solution for a Windows 7 64-bit computer.

More info about how we execute make, we do use job flag, -j. The server uses 8
cores so we setup the -j to 16.

Any help suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fredrik Anderson