On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 15:14:37 +0200
> > From: Bostjan Mihoric <ccomplet...@gmail.com>
> >
> > Redirecting the temporary folder doesn't work in this case.
>
> Sorry, I'm probably missing something here.  What exactly is a
> definition of a "temporary folder" for this purpose?  IOW, in which
> folders are you not allowed to invoke programs or batch files?
>
> I thought the problem was with the temporary folder under
> CSIDL_PROFILE.  The TEMP environment variable is set to it as a side
> effect.  But you seem to be saying that no matter which folder TEMP
> points at, that folder would be regarded as a "temporary folder", is
> that right?  How can this make sense, if TEMP can be set differently
> in every console cmd session a user has?

Ah, I see. Up until now, I knew that I could override temporary folder for
the console session. But I thought that any new program that gets launched,
will have the system value restored (including Make, of course). The test I
just performed shows otherwise (child process inherits the value). This
means I can probably use this localized redirection of temporary folder.

Thank you for your help!

Bostjan