Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:24:24 +0100
From: Jon Callas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Eristocracy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MTA gives court toll-use data

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:27:48 -0400
From: Monty Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

MTA gives court toll-use data

Spurs privacy fears about Fast Lane

By Ross Kerber, Globe Staff, 8/13/2001

The Massachusetts Turnpike Authority said it has turned over motorist
Fast Lane records to criminal prosecutors under a recent court order,
marking the first time the tollbooth technology has been used for
law-enforcement surveillance in the state.

The disclosure, by an MTA spokesman on Friday, underscores privacy
concerns related to the automatic toll-collection system, an area the
MTA has done little to address since Fast Lane was installed in 1998.

<http://www.globe.com/dailyglobe2/225/business/MTA_gives_court_toll_use
_data+.shtml>

[ To unsubscribe, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body
"unsubscribe man-bytes-dog" (the subject is ignored).]