Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:52:34 -0400
From: Barry Perlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TQ: Everything you know is wrong

       "This would upset the apple cart."
              - Dr. Rocky Kolb,
                an astrophysicist,
                on a finding that a basic law of nature,
                regarded as immutable, may be changing slightly over time.

       The fine structure constant, also known as alpha, is a measure
       of the electromagnetic force which holds atoms together.  Recent
       experiments indicate that it may not be so constant..  Perhaps
       other constants, such as the speed of light, are also changeable.
       (Or perhaps there's another explanation for the data.)

[ To unsubscribe, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body
"unsubscribe man-bytes-dog" (the subject is ignored).]