Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:53:57 -0400
From: Larry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: The view from Europe

As you all know, Marti works with people all over Europe and we both spend
a lot of time with our European friends. All of them have been sending
email letting us know that they are devastated by these terrorist acts, but
one email in particular is too good not to forward. This is from a friend
and associate in Munich Germany. Please take a minute to read this, and
feel free to forward it to whom you wish.  (Marianne works with Marti)

Larry

Dear Marti, Larry & Marianne,

Of course our news channels supply us constantly with the horrible pictures
from Manhattan, Washington, D.C. and the Pittsburgh area.

Also here in Germany (and for what I can see in the news this is also true
for the rest of Europe) public life seems to be paralysed: our Bundestag has
ceased it's budget debates, all flags in front of public buildings blow on
half-mast, helpless people bring flowers to U.S. embassies and consulates,
light candles in front of these buildings and pray. The Munich town
parliament will decide today whether to cancel the Oktoberfest (I know, only
issues of symbolic character, but at this point of time this seems to be the
only things we can do).

We are all stunned, helpless, shocked in view of this magnitude of terrorism
and the people standing behind that as originators. For some fanatics the
value of a human life seems to have shrunk to a negligible size (which on
the opposite is not true for the overwhelming majority of people living on
this planet).

Please rest assured that we all think of the thousands of victims and their
relatives (and those who have not lost this spiritual contact will pray for
them) and it may help you or not but I think that never in history America
and the American people have experienced so much support in the world as in
these days, as the U.S. as a symbol for freedom and democracy have been
attacked!

Having expressed this also on behalf of the entire XXXXXX staff I remain
with

Fondest Regards

Ralf

[ To unsubscribe, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body
"unsubscribe man-bytes-dog" (the subject is ignored).]