Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 11:19:54 -0700
From: glen mccready <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Life is good.

Forwarded-by: Rob Windsor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Forwarded-by: "Dave Bruce" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

One day a young Marine and his commanding officer were aboard a
train heading through the mountains of Switzerland.  They sat
directly across the aisle from a young woman and her grandmother.
Before long, the young Marine and the young lady were eyeing each
other with mutual attraction.

Suddenly passing through a mountain tunnel, it was pitch black in
the train for a few minutes. Nothing could be seen in the car of
the train, and the only sounds were the smack of a kiss, followed
by a slap.

When the train emerged from the tunnel, the four people sat without
saying a word.

The grandmother was thinking to herself: "It was very brash for
that young soldier to kiss my granddaughter, and I'm glad she
slapped him."

The commanding officer was thinking: "I didn't know this young
Marine was brave enough to kiss that girl, but I sure wish she
hadn't missed him and slapped me instead!"

The young woman was thinking: "I'm glad the handsome Marine kissed
me, but I wish my grandmother wouldn't have slapped him!"

The young Marine sat back with a smile on his face, thinking: "Life
is good.  How often does a fellow have the chance to kiss a beautiful
girl and slap his commanding officer, all at the same time?"