Reference.com purged most of their material some time ago (happily they've
stopped doing this). Over the last week, I reloaded the pre-November
postings. I certainly did NOT read them all while I was working, but it was
nice to review some of the discussions we've had on the list over the last
year and a half or so.

While I was at it, I have also added a search form to the Mantovano
homepage <http://www.virgil.org/mantovano>, so that you can now query the
archives from there.

One thing to keep in mind when browsing or searching: the "restored"
messages are all dated early May, even though some of them were posted as
early as September 1996. This is because the archive looks at the date it
received the message, not the date the message was originally generated.
So, browsers and searchers beware: if you are looking for a thread we had
last spring, you will NOT find it by narrowing the scope of your search to
March-June 1996.

Hope to meet some of you at Kalamazoo...