At 03:19 PM 10/7/98 EDT, you wrote:
>   I am knee-deep in a project comparing Dante Alighieri and Virgil, and
>also their works.  As of right now, I am encountering a great deal of
>difficulty in finding biographical information that distinctly links the
>two of them (e.g., Dante's interest in Virgil and the classics) or their
>works, namely the Divine Comedy and the Aeneid.  If anyone knows of any
>resources, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

You will find about 215 items on this subject in the online bibliography at

        http://www.virgil.org/bibliography

under "Dante". A few recent works that I have found esp. useful:

RENUCCI, Paul. Dante disciple et juge du monde Gre/co-latin. Les classiques
de l'humanisme. Paris: Socie/te/ d'e/dition les belles lettres, 1954.

HOLLANDER, Robert. "Le opere di Virgilio nella Commedia di Dante." In Dante
e la "bella scola" della poesia: Autorità e sfida poetica. Ed. Amilcare A.
Iannucci. Ravenna: Longo, 1993. 247-343. --- most complete list of
references to Virgil's works in the Commedia.

BAROLINI, Teodolinda. Dante's Poets: Textuality and Truth in the Comedy.
Princeton: Princeton UP, 1984.

JACOFF, Rachel, and Jeffrey T. SCHNAPP, eds. The Poetry of Allusion: Virgil
and Ovid in Dante's Commedia. Stanford: Stanford UP, 1991. --- collection
of essays.

You might also look at Kevin BROWNLEE's essay on Dante and the classical
poets in the Cambridge Companion to Dante.