Hi everyone,

I'm going to read the Aeneid in English for the seond time after having
read Fitzgerald's version a few years ago.

However, does anyone have a particularly favorite and I would like a
justification why? Should Virigl's work be better rendered in prose or
verse?

Thanks for your much needed help.

sincerely,
Albert

But we could, on the contrary, say that we clasp that good in an embrace
which
is all the fonder and all the tighter in that we see it as less surely
ours, and fear
that it may be taken from us.

-from Montaigne's "That difficulty increases desire" translated by M. A.
Screech