Actually, I've read a great deal of Romantic poetry.  And, no, I don't
think a liking for the Aeneid has much to do with Romanticism.  A Romantic
hero would have given up everything to stay with Dido.  Aeneas'
sacrifice of personal feelings for the sake of duty is quite the opposite
of the Romantic sensibility.  Whereas classicism accepted limitations and
boundaries, Romanticism sought to explode them.  Ask yourself which
Greco-Roman myths and legends the Romantic poets favored; you find
Prometheus, Endymion, Laodamia, etc.--all the transgressive characters.
You don't find much mention of Aeneas in Romantic poetry.
Randi Eldevik