I must say: this interpretation is immensely refreshing and original.  It
is not often that two such polarised spheres are linked and even less often
that they  work.  All I can say is thanks for sharing it.

I think an interesting comparison is that of honour: the aidos/ kudos
element of both the homeric poems and of the rap world.  The way petty
incidents such as name-calling ( ie. Tu-pac, Biggy-Smalls) can explode out
of all logical proportion.  Indeed this is the very opening of the Iliad
where the wrath of Achilles is aroused by Agamemnon's insulting behaviour.
Likewise, the modern world has seen the death talented young men such as
Tupac in their prime for a moment of glory.

Ir is a universal issue but particularly poignant here.

-Natasha