At 09:34 AM 12/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm looking for further information and literature about the commentary
>of Servius. My subject is the figure of Aeneas and his family in
>Servius.

One place to start is with the items listed under Servius in the online
bibliography:

        http://www.virgil.org/bibliography

To my knowledge, though, there aren't any titles there specifically devoted
to Aeneas' family. You might look, though, at Servius' remarks on Aen.
6.760, which cite Cato to the effect that it was Ascanius, not Aeneas, who
killed Mezentius, and that Lavinia, pregnant with Aeneas' unborn child, hid
from the _insidiae_ of Ascanius with a shepherd in the woods -- hence the
name of her son, Sylvius.

Does Virgil omit these details because he doesn't want to upset the
applecart of his imperial mythology? Or does he allude to them here (by
naming Sylvius in the underworld) in order to indicate that civil strife
will NOT come to an end with the death of Turnus (as perhaps Virgil's own
generation was hoping that it might, with the defeat of Antony)?

Cf. T. C. Donatus, ad Aen. 2.789, on Creusa's fears that her son (Ascanius)
will be displaced by the child of a new marriage.