Some of you may recall the discussion that took place some time ago about
the colonization (if that is the right word) of Italy in Aen. 7-12.
Recently I've been thinking about the colonization of Carthage (described
in Aen. 1). What I'm looking for now is a good book or article on the Roman
model of colonization in the late Republic, early Empire. Any suggestions?
(I'm particularly interested in the role of intermarriage, if that helps to
narrow the field a bit.) Thanks in advance.