Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:42:28 -0400
From: Lena Friesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello all--

I'm new here, so pardon me if this has been discussed before - I was
wondering what the better translations are of the Aeneid, I own the Knight
and West prose versions already, are there any else?  I came across a Dover
edition but I didn't like it as it was too old-fashioned, done in
Victorian-era language.  Virgil (as I understand it) wrote in a plain
style.  Am I right?

Sincerely

Lena Friesen