Hi,

I'm a South African Latin student, and I have a project/assignment to do
which is fascinating me.  I'd appreciate any ideas on my topic.

I have to start off by showing how the Aeneid is an example of Roman Epic
poetry of Vergil's times, and give the basic characteristics of epic
poetry.  That's the easy part.

The twist is that I then have to go on to compare the epic of Roman times
to how WE perceive epic today.  Thus, I have to show how  Titanic, the
film, is an example of our modern-day epic, and show the similarities and
differences.  (An obvious difference is that the medium is totally
different, i.e. visual, video etc.  More subtle differences are going to be
the hero of the story and so on.)

If anyone has any interesting ideas, please mail me!

Thanks

Shelly Delbridge
Cape Town

South Africa