About a month ago a gentleman from Oxford commented  on Dido's  mention  of
impia facta  as  possibly  referring  to  Aeneas'  treason?
Would  the Oxford gentleman kindly  elaborate  on    "     "         "    "
I can't  think of  any such instance, nor can I imagine that Vergil would
want the Roman reader to  regard him as guilty of treason, something
very contrary to his main  character quality, pietas. Laomedon, an
ancestor of Aeneas, certainly had a very untrustworthy character. His record
with Hercules, etc. indicates it clearly.