<< forwarded by listowner >>

From: "ddavis-henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:04:12 -0500

I am just about to begin Book II of the Aeneid with my seniors and I am
never comfortable with Aeneas describing the death of Polites and Priam, at
the hands of Pyrrhus:  what is his (Aeneas') vantage point supposed to be
during these murders, i.e. how can he see everything  yet be powerless to
intervene?  I would appreciate any input on this issue.  Denise D-Henry,
Watterson HS