<< message forwarded by listowner, David Wilson-Okamura >>

From: "Michael-janck Snydert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 17:58:38 UZT

Everything mirrors opposites, not to sound rambling or discouraging, but
infinity does exist - to quote the saying: "we must repeat". Perhaps not
enough focus has ever been given - aside from eccentrics like Joyce and
Carrol (Vergil?)- to mirrors. But repeat-reflect - a mirror reflection is
not accurate, but a flipped/horizontal of that which is looking into it. If
one is going to start talking mirrors at a book, one then takes into account
the reader, following basic causality, albeit possibly unconsciously. This
is so ingrained in people, the dislike of infinity, that they create things
like religion, or at least utilize said things, to hide from it.

I heard someone once call it "one of those rambling things one will never
know". But its not that hard to think about. The humunculus psyche (which of
course is greek for mirror) can say nothing that isn't a description of
itself, even if flipped horizontally.

Why can't things be straight forward extreme? I don't know, but the universe
doesn't seem designed that way. Only humans dislike camoflouge (or do
they?). Jerzy Kosinski made a good point when after killing someone, the
difference betwixt the action and memory saved his heart from exploding. As
long as people huddle together in groups, they can be labeled "American or
French"; otherwise, can one person really represent a country? If a country,
why not a region? and if a region, why not a town? And why not make towns
their own seperate countries? If you live in New York for a while, you begin
to forget where you are, becoming only dimply aware that you are in some
giant metroplitan area on earth. But in L.A., everyone thinks and says they
are on the "WEST COAST" in "L.A." inside whatever "VALLEY" or "SANTA
MONICA", even if they grew up there. The saying goes "if you aint from new
york ya soft". I geuss one has to be tough to live without the security of
mirrors and extensions (of the nervous system). But most of history can be
explained through technology and the looking glass, an oculus of the flesh.

It may be that the writer of that Aeneas has only done such a good
characterization, that his model accidentally has human qualities. Or he may
have known. One can't really ask him can one?