>In his Virgil's Georgics, Mynors quotes Servius about 1.113 : "et est
>Vergilii hoc hemistichion (i. e. :
>cum primum sulcos aequant sata) unum de invictis".
>I really don't understand the meaning of that quotation, especially
>"invictis".
>I appreciate some explanations. Thank you for your help.
>
>Muriel Lafond

You are not alone in finding this incomprehensible.
I've checked our library's copy of the Thilo-Hagen edition of Servius, and
it may offer some help, though you'll need to work on the details yourself
since we don't have the necessary resources here.
The first thing to note is that the Dutch scholar Peerlkamp suggested
emending "inuictis" to "inductis" and discussed this in an article for
which Thilo-Hagen gives the reference "Mnemos. X, p. 121f." Mnemosyne has
been through several series in its long and distinguished lifetime, but I
would guess this to be the first or second (our holdings do not go back
nearly far enough).
Thilo-Hagen, however, counter this with a reference to "Burmann's
annotation," which I would assume to be a note on Georgics 1.113 in an
edition produced by him, again not available here.

James L. P. Butrica
Department of Classics
The Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's NL  A1C 5S7