John,

I really doubt that there will be a new version in September. The PSC has yet to discuss a change in dates as we were focussed on getting 1.2 out the door - unfortunately, it was delayed due to problems in the GDAL FDO provider (among other minor issues). There are a bunch of changes in the works right now that we would like to get out in a new version and were not able to include in 1.2. I'd like to see a new version start on a release cycle by mid October with some sort of beta for 1.3.

Cheers

Paul