The problem is that the PostGIS FDO Provider (as well as the other providers) depend on certain Dll's being avalible. I recommend using dependency walker to open the Dll, and view it dependencies. It will highlight missing dll dependencies.
http://www.dependencywalker.com

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S

dorra2007 skrev:
I have tried this steps. I have successfully connected to postgis with
windows XP home. Now I am using WinLSD and i wanted to redo exactly the same
steps, but I failed. I have always the 4 fields empty, no data to enter and
of course, can't establish connection to postgis.
Does the problem come from the operating system I use?

macieksk wrote:
Try this steps.

1. Install MG 1.2 Stable version
2. Install Postgres 8.2.xx (), after that instal postgis extension.

3. Download PostgGIS provider
4. change provider.xml file in
C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO

(add this

  <FeatureProvider>
     <Name>OSGeo.PostGIS.3.2</Name>
     <DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for PostGIS</DisplayName>
     <Description>FDO Provider for PostGIS</Description>
     <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
     <Version>3.2.0.0</Version>
     <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.2.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
     <LibraryPath>PostGISProvider.dll</LibraryPath>

   </FeatureProvider>

)

5. restart serwer.

6. open Mg Studio->create new data connection->(in this place ypu should have Postgis provider) -> if all is ok you should have 4 fields to enter connection string.

dorra labidi pisze:
Hi every body;
I have reinstalled mapguide OS, web Studio and postgresql/postgis on my computer. I have also copied the postgisfdo provider DLL's and modified the providers.xml file. Finally I have copied the postgis bin folder to the bin folder of mapguide server OS. When I clic on "configure data connection", I find the postgis porvider in the list of providers. *The problem is that the "connection properties" fields are empty*: There is no username field nor password, schema and source field. The error message is : /An exception occurred in FDO component.
Unable to load the FDO Provider: /
// Has anyone encountred this problem? Thank you very much for your help.
--

Maciej Skórczewski
PROCAD SA