I am using the new alias feature of MapGuide to reference a SHP file on disk
rather than import a copy into the repository with a load procedure. I can
open the SHP and read it okay, but I cannot update a feature in it. The
update does not generate an exception message and does not update the
feature.

I know that my updateFeatures code works because up til now I have been
using a SHP file in the repository and updating the feature successfully.
The selection string is something like:

FeatId = 4

FeatId is a 32Int.

Any suggestions? Can you update a SHP that is on disk, not part of the
repository?

Thanks