It sounds as if you want to do a "server push" rather than the more common "client pull". I'm not sure that it is easily accomplished, but since the AJAX viewer contains a lot of JS code, I don't see any problems in an extra refresh call.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S

Zac Spitzer skrev:
I'm pretty sure your going to need to use javascript. The mapguide javascript API is pretty solid and mature, if you check the archive of this newsgroup there are not many posts i can remember where people are having issues with consistency
between browser implementations.

Use the recommended approach, it's documented and supported. Any other approach,
will most likely cause headaches down the track as mapguide evolves.

What are the security reasons?